Aug. 15, 2012
(NASDAQ: SPLK), the leading provider of software for real-time operational intelligence, today announced the lineup of speakers for .conf2012: The 3
Annual Splunk Worldwide Users' Conference scheduled for
– 13, 2012. Conference speakers will highlight the value of Splunk as the platform for machine-generated big data. To register, please go to
Attendees of .conf2012 will deepen their practical knowledge of Splunk, learn best practices, and test drive solutions, apps, and add-ons from Splunk and its partner ecosystem. The conference is Splunk's largest educational and training event of the year and is expected to attract more than 1,000 professionals who understand the value of their data – IT pros in security, applications development and management, operations, cloud, SaaS, business and web analytics and more. It also provides an opportunity to connect with peers from around the world, learn how others are applying Splunk technology to solve real-world business needs, and learn how to become more involved in the Splunk community.
More than 100 sessions are scheduled for the three-day event. Highlights of the agenda include:
Splunk Enterprise and Big Data
– Featuring technologists and luminaries from across the Apache ecosystem, this track will delve deep into how big data technologies work, what it takes to deploy them, and how Fortune 500 companies are using them to solve business problems. Speakers will include
, co-founder of Hortonworks and chair of the Apache Hadoop Project Management Committee,
, co-founder and CTO of DataStax and project director of Apache Cassandra, as well as
, project lead for the Mondrian OLAP engine at Pentaho Corporation.
– Industry leaders from around the world will discuss and demonstrate real implementations of Splunk. Presentations will be given by representatives from more than 30 organizations including Cisco, Etsy, Message Bus, Otto Group, National Public Radio (NPR), Robert Bosch Healthcare, Target, and more.
, Chairman & CEO of Splunk, will examine the four phases of operational intelligence and how getting to phase 4 is key for an organization's ultimate success. In addition, Splunk executives, including SVP of Products Guido Schroeder and co-founder and CTO
, will discuss the latest from the product group.
"Our theme, 'Where will your data take you?' references the experience nearly all of our users have when they first start with Splunk software and begin delving deep into their organization's data. They begin to uncover new insights, discover new ways to use Splunk, and are able to make more informed business decisions," said
, chief marketing officer, Splunk. "This year, we have a fantastic lineup of presenters who will be talking about their own data journeys, from the problems they were initially trying to solve to the operational intelligence they gained and the real-world business impact they've achieved."
"Where Will Your Karma Take You" Contest:
Contributors to Splunkbase
are invaluable to the Splunk community so Splunk has devised a contest to recognize contributors who share their valuable content including the ways they've solved problems within their organizations. The
Where Will Your Karma Take You Awards
will track karma points gained by these active members of the Splunk community. Splunk will award free .conf2012 passes to one winner in each of the following categories :
- Most up-voted question
- Most points accumulated from answering questions
- Most downloaded app from Splunkbase Apps
- Most points overall
To learn more about the karma awards and how to participate go to
To register for .conf2012, go to
Attending the event? Let us know on facebook and twitter. The hashtag is #datajourney.