Today, Rackspace ® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, announced the release of Rackspace Private Cloud Software, powered by OpenStack – making it simple and easy for companies to install, test and run a multi-node OpenStack based private cloud environment. The software, code named “Alamo,” uses the same OpenStack compute platform, Nova, used to run Rackspace clouds and is available as a free download from the Rackspace website. This software is based upon Rackspace’s experience in deploying and operating OpenStack-based public and private clouds in a variety of environments including in Rackspace’s own datacenters as well as in external datacenters. The Rackspace Private Cloud is backed by an optional support offering.
The Rackspace Private Cloud Software combines the capabilities of public cloud with the customization, reliability and control advantages of a dedicated environment. Customers now have a simple way to install an OpenStack-based private cloud in their own datacenter, at Rackspace, or in a colocation facility.
“We believe that the majority of our customers and cloud users will be running hybrid cloud environments for a long time,” said Jim Curry, general manager of Private Cloud business at Rackspace. “Today’s announcement allows businesses to utilize their existing investment in their own datacenter resources to run an open cloud solution for additional control and customization and also take advantage of Rackspace’s datacenter options.”
Key Benefits of Rackspace Private Cloud, Powered by OpenStack include:
- Deploy in minutes – To download, customers can go to www.rackspace.com/cloud/private and run a simple installer to deploy OpenStack components and configuration for private clouds.
- Integrated and tested configuration – Based on customer feedback, Rackspace selected a proven configuration, which initially includes Ubuntu 12.04 LTS host operating system and KVM hypervisor. It is 100% open source OpenStack Essex with Compute, Image Service, Identity Service and Dashboard. Rackspace is working with partners like Red Hat and others to offer its customers choice of host operating systems and OpenStack distributions in the future.
- Backed by Rackspace Fanatical Support® – Organizations running the software can utilize free support forums or can purchase Escalation Support services from Rackspace. Escalation Support includes 24x7x365 ticket and phone support for Rackspace Private Cloud powered by OpenStack from the experts at Rackspace.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV