Hertz will buy Dollar Thrifty for $87.50 a share in cash, a premium of 8% over Dollar Thrifty's closing price of $81 on Friday.
Tiffany (TIF), the upscale jewelry retailer, is expected by analysts Monday to post second-quarter earnings of 74 cents a share, down from 86 cents a share a year earlier.
Apple (AAPL) plans to unveil its so-called "iPad mini" and its next iPhone at two separate events in the next two months, according to a report. Apple plans to debut its next generation iPhone at an event on Sept. 12, according to a report by All Things D, which cited anonymous sources. There also has been speculation that Apple would show off a smaller version of its popular iPad at the same time. Apple's Small iPad, New iPhone to Have Separate Launches: Report
New York Times (NYT) sold Web site About.com to IAC (IACI) for $300 million.
Donaldson (DCI), the filtration-systems maker, is expected by analysts Tuesday to post quarterly earnings of 74 cents a share.
PVH (PVH), the apparel maker, is seen posting quarterly profit of $1.20 a share. Trulia vs. Zillow: The Battle for Online Real Estate
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV