National Penn Bancshares Stock Downgraded (NPBC)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL PENN BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.40% is above that of the industry average.
- NATIONAL PENN BANCSHARES INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NATIONAL PENN BANCSHARES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.55 versus $0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.62 versus $0.55).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $41.36 million or 2.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, NATIONAL PENN BANCSHARES INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 46.97%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, NATIONAL PENN BANCSHARES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 3.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $23.21 million to $22.45 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts