The following table represents volume by channel for the presented periods (in millions):
|For the Three Months Ended|
|June 30, 2012,||March 31, 2012|
For the three and six months ended June 30, 2012, the real estate services segment had net earnings of $4.0 million and $7.0 million, respectively, compared to $4.6 million and $8.3 million in the comparable period in 2011. During the three and six months ended June 30, 2012, real estate service fees decreased to $6.1 million and $11.0 million, respectively, as compared to $12.0 million and $23.5 million for the three and six months ended June 30, 2011, respectively, due to a decline in the long-term mortgage portfolio and the associated real estate and recovery activities and decrease in title and escrow fees. With the sale of the title insurance company in 2011, both title and escrow fees declined to zero during the three and six months ended June 30, 2012, as compared to $4.7 million and $9.0 million, respectively, as well as related expenses for these business activities declined as compared to the same periods in 2011. As expected the real estate service activities and revenues declined as lending activities and revenues increased from the recent expansion of the mortgage lending business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV