Background: Facebook operates a social networking website worldwide. The company's products for users are free of charge and available on the Web, mobile Web, and mobile platforms, such as Android and iOS. Its website enables users to connect, share, discover, and communicate with each other. Facebook trades an average of 39.8 million shares per day with a market cap of $43.6 billion.
52-Week High: $45.0052-Week Low: $19.82 Price to Book: 3.5 Fourteen of the 27 analysts covering the company give a buy recommendation, 12 analysts rate it a hold and one has given it a sell rating. I get asked a lot about Facebook by my noninvestor friends. At first it was, "Should I invest in the Facebook IPO?" and now it has moved to "Is Facebook a buy yet?" In
I use Zacks.com, WSJ.com, Tradestation, and Reuters for my data. P/E is generally adjusted P/E based on an average number of shares. At the time of publication the author did not hold a position in any stock mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV