BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- 22.5%: That's how much S&P 500 companies have hiked dividends in the past year. While investor anxiety remains ramped up in summer 2012, dividend payouts are clearly still growing at breakneck speed.
After all, companies need to do something with those record profits and cash holdings, right?
It's not just a few firms that are fuelling that increase, either. Right now, a total of 402 S&P 500 components pay out dividends, the highest level since 1999. And history shows that's having a major impact on investor returns right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV