BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- When it comes to dividend stocks, bigger is generally better.
Bigger dividend payouts and bigger companies mean two things: heftier income and more stable payouts. That's especially true right now, when market conditions are anything but favorable for folks who are trying to earn income from their portfolios.
Right now, we're seeing a convergence of factors working against investors. For starters, retail investors are fleeing from equities en masse. In the last year, more than $170 billion has come out of equity mutual funds, instead making its way over to less risky (and less rewarding) bond funds at a time when interest rates are scraping against the bottom of historic lows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV