BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- What's the smart money buying this summer? Financial stocks, for one thing. So far, just shy of a hundred hedge funds have reported their second-quarter holdings to the SEC, and these fund managers have been piling on the financial sector, adding onto a small number of names.
"13F season" is officially starting to get red hot, and the early holdings being reported by hedge funds are telling -- especially because they're subject to less lag right now.
And since we're looking at fund holdings in the aggregate, they're less impacted by the fact that some funds might not have filed yet. Consider it a sampling of the trillions of dollars managed by hedge funds: a sneak peak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV