Today Empire Resorts, Inc. (“Empire” or “Company”)(NASDAQ-GM: NYNY) announced the appointment of Laurette J. Pitts as the Company’s Chief Operating Officer (“COO”). Ms. Pitts will continue to serve as the Company’s Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. In her new role, Ms. Pitts will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Company’s subsidiary, Monticello Raceway Management, Inc.
Empire’s CEO Joseph D'Amato stated, “Laurette's appointment as COO reflects her contributions since joining our Company in December 2010. Her twenty years of diverse gaming experience has added depth and competency to our executive team. I am confident that she will continue to make substantial contributions to the operations and the future development of the Company."
Ms. Pitts has served in various capacities in the gaming industry since 1992. Prior to her employment with the Company, Ms. Pitts served from December 2008 until December 2010 as Regional Vice President of Finance and Administration for American Racing and Entertainment, LLC, a private company that owns and operates horseracing, resort, and gaming facilities, including Tioga Downs and Vernon Downs in New York State. From April 2005 until November 2008 she was the Chief Financial Officer for Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs, a gaming and entertainment facility in Pennsylvania owned by the Mohegan Tribe of Indians of Connecticut. Ms. Pitts began her career in 1992 with Harrah’s Atlantic City.
About EmpireEmpire Resorts, Inc. owns and operates, through its subsidiary Monticello Raceway Management, Inc., the Monticello Casino and Raceway, a harness racing track and casino located in Monticello, New York, and is 90 miles from midtown Manhattan. For additional information, please visit http://www.empireresorts.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV