Genuine Parts Company (GPC): Today's Featured Wholesale Laggard
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Genuine Parts Company fell 72 cents (-1.1%) to $63.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 698,587 shares of Genuine Parts Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.18-$64.84 after having opened the day at $64.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.07. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Westinghouse Solar (WEST), down 20.6%, Senomyx (SNMX), down 5.6%, Olympic Steel (ZEUS), down 4.7%, and Lawson Products (LAWS), down 2.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Genuine Parts Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV