Genworth Financial (GNW) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial rose 6 cents (1.4%) to $4.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.7 million shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.83-$5.02 after having opened the day at $4.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.83. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG), up 3.1%, Phoenix Companies (PNX), up 3.1%, Lincoln National Corp (Radnor (LNC), up 2.8%, and Willis Group Holdings (WSH), up 2.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GNW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV