Encana Corp (ECA): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Encana (ECA) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Encana rose 45 cents (2%) to $22.60 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.4 million shares of Encana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.30-$22.70 after having opened the day at $22.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.15. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: ATP Oil & Gas (ATPG), up 13.9%, Cobalt International Energy (CIE), up 13.7%, BPZ Resources (BPZ), up 11.2%, and Prospect Global Resources (PGRX), up 11.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV