But then there's Groupon, another Internet company that's totally lost its way. The company has seen a dramatic deceleration of its core business and is desperately seeking to expand into more traditional retail to stem its losses. Cramer said that Groupon's business model is clearly broken and the thrill of online coupons is over.
Cramer said he would be a buyer of Google, even at these levels. As for Groupon, Cramer said the nicest thing he could say is that it's still too early to buy.
And in Closing...
In his closing comments, Cramer spoke about a few stocks of which he's often asked @JimCramer on Twitter. He said investors should not be buying Nokia (NOK) but should be buying Sprint Nextel (S) and Apple (AAPL), an Action Alerts PLUS name.
--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C.To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV