Castle Brands Inc. (NYSE MKT: ROX), a developer and international marketer of premium and super-premium branded spirits and wine, today reported financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Operating highlights for the quarter ended June 30, 2012:
- Net sales increased 31.5% to $9.7 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, as compared to $7.4 million for the comparable prior-year period
- Case volume increased 22.8% to 86,130 cases for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, as compared to 70,119 cases for the comparable prior-year period, primarily due to organic growth
- Rum sales increased 33.3% to $4.1 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, as compared to $3.1 million for the comparable prior year period; due to the continued growth of Gosling’s rums
- Loss from operations improved 44.7% to ($0.8) million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 from ($1.4) million for the comparable prior-year period
- EBITDA, as adjusted, improved 58.4% to a loss of ($0.5) million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, as compared to a loss of ($1.1) million for the comparable prior-year period, primarily as a result of increased sales.
"It is important to note that while sales increased 31.5% for the quarter, our total SG&A expenses increased less than 2%. We have a strong sales force and management team, which should allow us to continue to increase sales substantially without corresponding increases to costs. This ability to scale our business led to significantly stronger bottom line performance, with a 58.4% improvement in our EBITDA, as adjusted. We believe these trends will allow us to become solidly profitable and build substantial shareholder value over the long-term,” stated Richard J. Lampen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Castle Brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV