- Sales in the second quarter (Q2) were $3,761,729, down approximately 4% when compared to sales of $3,930,075 in the corresponding period a year ago. The financials give a Q2, 2012 accounting net loss of $465,995, or $0.04 per share compared to an accounting net profit of $174,734, or $0.01 per share in Q2, 2011. Although the income tax expense taken in Q2, 2012 was only $120,000 compared to $295,000 in Q2, 2011, the depreciation expense increased from $82,193 in 2011 to $305,189 in 2012. The increase in depreciation was largely Canada based and not deductible from US income.
- Basic weighted average shares used in computing per share amounts in Q2 were 13,169,991 for 2012 and 13,169,991 for 2011. Note: a share buy back by the Company of close to 800,000 shares in Q1, 2011 is the reason for the reduced share count in first half.
- Non-GAAP operating cash flow: For the 6 months ending June 30, 2012, net income reflects $676,426 of non-cash charges (depreciation and stock option expenses), as well as net income tax ($680,000), interest expense ($61,414) and other minor items ($2,578) not related to operating or current operating activities. When these items are removed the Company shows operating cash flow of $1,171,923, or $0.09 per share. This compares with operating cash flow of $1,423,196, or $0.11 per share, in the corresponding 6 months of 2011 (see the table that follows for details of these calculations).
FSI Announces Second Quarter, 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.