3 Stocks Under $5 Making Big Moves
Partner Communications (PTNR) is a mobile telephone network operator in Israel. The company's products and services are marketed under the orange brand. This stock is trading up 8% to $3.63 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.45-$3.6752-Week Range: $3.00-$13.06 Volume: 96,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 157,733 >>4 Tech Stocks to Trade (or Not) Shares of PTNR are ripping to the upside today after the company said it plans to partner with Cellcom for a new solution that consists of television-over-Internet services as weak earnings highlighted their need for profitable new earnings streams. The company's CEL said he was examining Internet TV as well as an entry into the cellular credit card business. From a technical perspective, PTNR is ripping higher today right off some near-term support at $3.30 with light volume. This stock has been crushed by the bears during the last six months, with shares plunging from over $8 to its recent low of $3. This spike today is quickly pushing PTNR within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once PTNR takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.67 to $4.01 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PTNR as long as it's trending above $3.67, and then once it clears its 50-day at $3.88 and $4.01 with heavy volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 157,733 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then PTNR will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $4.75 to $5, or possibly even $5.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV