Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing oral drugs that target G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), in four therapeutic areas: cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory and metabolic diseases. This stock is trading up 12% at $8.16 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.23-$8.1852-Week Range: $1.23-$13.50 Volume: 14.5 million Three-Month Average Volume: 23 million From a technical perspective, ARNA is blasting higher here right off some key near-term support at $6.96 to $7.09 with decent volume. For the past few weeks, shares of ARNA have been consolidating at around $7, after it plunged off its July high of $12.07 with heavy selling volume. This move today could be signaling that ARNA has put in a near-term bottom and is ready to trend significantly higher. >>5 Big Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as ARNA is trending above $7, and then once it takes out its 50-day moving average of $9.13 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close over $9.13 with volume that's near or above 22,959,000 shares. If we get that move soon, then ARNA will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $10.35 to $11 in the near future. On the flipside, I would avoid ARNA or look for short-biased trades if it fails to breakout, and then takes out those key support levels at $17.09 to $6.96 with high volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV