GTX (GTXI) is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecules that target hormone pathways for the treatment of cancer, cancer supportive care, and other serious medical conditions. This stock is trading up 4.9% at $3.61 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.44-$3.6652-Week Range: $2.34-$6.55 Volume: 73,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 141,756 >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential in 2012 From a technical perspective, GTXI is jumping higher here back above its 200-day moving average of $3.56 with light volume. This move is quickly pushing GTXI within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will trigger once GTXI takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.83 to $3.92, and then over some past resistance at $4.07 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GTXI if it can sustain a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 141,756 shares. Traders could also look for long-biased trades in GTXI as long as it's trending above some near-term support at $3.30 a share, and simply anticipate that breakout. If that breakout triggers soon, then GTXI could be well on its way towards filling some of its previous gap down from February that started at around $5.75.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV