News Summary: Small Biz Optimism Falls Again
By The Associated Press
GROWING PESSIMISM: A survey by the National Federation of Independent Business shows that small business owners were less optimistic in July for the second straight month.
THE REASONS: A growing number of owners expect sales to fall in the next three months. NFIB Chief Economist William Dunkelberg said owners are anxious because they don't know what their taxes will be like next year â¿¿ and they likely won't know until after the November elections.
SCALING BACK PLANS: Less than a quarter of owners surveyed said they planned to buy equipment or real estate in the next three to six months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV