NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- It seems networking giant Cisco (CSCO) continues to move in the right direction. But it must still convince a market that rarely forgives and never forgets that it still deserves to be discussed as one that can deliver market-beating performance on a consistent basis.
On Wednesday, it will have another chance when it releases its fourth-quarter earnings results after the market close. Analysts are expecting net income of 41 cents per share on revenue of $11.62 billion, an increase from the 35 cents (or 17%) earned the previous year. For the fiscal year analysts are expecting $1.63 in earnings on $45.98 billion in revenue.
There aren't many companies outside of Apple (AAPL) with the same string of recent performances as Cisco. In fact, over the past four quarters the company has demonstrated consistent revenue growth averaging over 6% while averaging 5% growth in net income during that span.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV