We're seeing an almost identical setup in Portugal Telecom (PT) right now. Shares of the aptly named Portuguese telco have been getting slammed in the past year, with shareholders seeing their positions halved from where they traded just 12 months ago.
It's no big surprise why this stock can't catch a bid. The firm has massive exposure to the eurozone, and to Portugal in particular.
Like ALB, with shares testing resistance, it makes sense to exit this stock -- or short it!>>4 Tech Stocks to Trade (or Not) Portugal Telecom has bounced lower off of trend line resistance the last five times in the last year. And in between, it's even made some lower highs: shares stalled out at the 50-day moving average back in February, for instance. This stock isn't an opportunistic buy here within a stone's throw of all-time lows; instead, those lows are a signal that this stock is toxic and buyers just aren't there to prop it higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV