BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- A handful of stocks could be poisoning your portfolio right now. If you haven't prepared an antidote, you'd better read on.
Too often, investors remain fixated on the stocks they should buy. Never mind the stocks they shouldn't buy -- or worse, the stocks they should sell. But ask any successful investor (be they a deep value guy or a technical trader), and they'll tell you that the key to longevity in these markets is to avoid losses. The only way to do that is by figuring out which "poison stocks" shouldn't be in your portfolio.
The fact of the matter is that we're knee-deep in a pretty significant rally -- around 84% of the S&P 500's 2012 gains have come since the start of June alone -- and the names that aren't participating in it are sending a bid message to Wall Street.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV