BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- A handful of stocks could be poisoning your portfolio right now. If you haven't prepared an antidote, you'd better read on.
Too often, investors remain fixated on the stocks they should buy. Never mind the stocks they shouldn't buy -- or worse, the stocks they should sell. But ask any successful investor (be they a deep value guy or a technical trader), and they'll tell you that the key to longevity in these markets is to avoid losses. The only way to do that is by figuring out which "poison stocks" shouldn't be in your portfolio.
The fact of the matter is that we're knee-deep in a pretty significant rally -- around 84% of the S&P 500's 2012 gains have come since the start of June alone -- and the names that aren't participating in it are sending a bid message to Wall Street.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV