Stocks Barely Budge in Mixed Session
In corporate news, Michael Kors (KORS) shares jumped nearly 17% after the apparel company posted stronger-than-anticipated quarterly profit and hiked its full-year profit projection.
Estee Lauder Companies (EL) was one of the biggest gainers on the S&P 500, surging more than 9% after the beauty products company beat quarterly profit estimates.
Dicks Sporting Goods (DKS) shares were shed 4% after the company posted quarterly revenue that was in line with estimates and earnings that declined to $53.7 million in the second quarter from $73.8 million a year ago. Adjusted earnings came in just a penny above the Wall Street target.
Shares of Google (GOOG) continued to gain ground following Monday's news of the company's agreement to acquire the Frommer's travel-guide business from John Wiley & Sons (JWB) for a reported $25 million. The stock gained 1.3%.Groupon (GRPN), the daily deals site, beat analysts' quarterly estimates on the bottom line but revenue came in light. The stock tanked 27%.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV