National Disability Institute (NDI) and Acorda Therapeutics announced they will launch a free six-part webinar series on financial, tax and investment topics for people living with multiple sclerosis (MS), their families and care teams. The National Disability Institute’s Financial Wellness Series sponsored by Acorda Therapeutics will begin this September and be led by top experts in tax, money management, benefits, employment, Social Security and other areas of personal finance. Due to the program’s success last year, Acorda and NDI worked together to provide resources on a greater number of topics than last year’s four webinars.
In 2011, NDI completed an online survey of 3,000 people living with MS. Sixty-seven percent of respondents reported that their financial positions declined after their MS diagnosis, while nearly 74 percent reported that they did not use financial planning programs or strategies to manage or stabilize their finances.
“Our survey showed that whether people had an MS diagnosis early or later in life, there is a critical lack of information to help people with MS understand how to manage their money, plan for their financial futures, access favorable tax provisions, effectively utilize public benefits and keep working,” said Michael Morris, National Disability Institute’s Executive Director. “But there are many easy-to-use financial strategies and programs that can help people with MS achieve these goals, and the experts who lead each webinar will show them how to take steps toward greater economic independence and self-sufficiency.”
The webinar series will include six free online programs, each beginning at 3pm ET and lasting 90 minutes:
- September 5, 2012 - Being Money Smart
- September 26, 2012 - Prolonging Work - Supports To Keep You On The Job
- October 17, 2012 - Social Security Disability Insurance – The Impact of Work on Benefits
- November 7, 2012 - Supplemental Security Income – The Impact of Work on Benefits
- November 28, 2012 - Favorable Tax Provisions for Individuals with Disabilities
- December 19, 2012 - Saving and Investing – For Workers and For Individuals on Public Benefits
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV