Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. (“Pernix” or the “Company”) (NYSE MKT: PTX), a specialty pharmaceutical company, today announced financial results for the quarter and six months ended June 30, 2012.
For the second quarter of 2012, net revenues were $10.5 million, compared to $12.0 million for the second quarter of 2011. The decrease in net revenues, as expected, was due primarily to the weak cough and cold season. The decrease was partially offset by sales from the initial trade launch of Omeclamox-Pak®. Sales of generic products represented 37% of the consolidated net product sales revenue of Pernix for the second quarter of 2012. The performance of Macoven was primarily due to several products launched subsequent to June 30, 2011.
The net loss for the second quarter of 2012 was approximately $0.9 million, or $0.03 per basic and diluted share, compared to net income of $1.5 million, or $0.07 per basic and diluted share, for the second quarter of 2011.Cooper Collins, President and Chief Executive Officer of Pernix, said, “During the past few months, we completed several important initiatives that are expected to position the Company for future success. These initiatives include the launch of Omeclamox-Pak® by our new Gastroenterology sales force, the acquisition of Great Southern Laboratories, a private pharmaceutical contract manufacturing company, and the renegotiation of our co-promotion and supply agreements with ParaPRO for Natroba. With our strengthened financial position, we continue to move forward with our horizontal integration strategy across branded, generic and OTC products.” Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA, a non-GAAP measure) was a loss of $0.7 million for the second quarter of 2012, compared to EBITDA of $3.0 million for the second quarter of 2011. See the table at the end of this press release for a reconciliation of net income to EBITDA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV