Background: Pfizer is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company that discovers and develops innovative medical products. Pfizer has three business segments: health care, animal health and consumer health care. The company was founded in 1849 and is headquartered in New York City.
Pfizer trades an average of 34.8 million shares per day with a marketcap of $179.3 billion.52-Week Range: $17.05 to $24.49 Price to Book: 2.24 Yield: 3.68% Technically, the chart looks very strong with the moving averages climbing higher. As the moving averages move higher, so do the support levels. The mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 10.8, based on earnings of $2.21 per share this year. I believe the shares are undervalued and will likely remain that way until after the elections, and we have a better understanding of what to expect for the next few years. The company currently pays 88 cents per share in dividends for a yield of 3.68%. In the last three years, the average dividend paid per year was 77 cents per share. PFE Dividend data by YCharts
I use Zacks.com, WSJ.com, Tradestation, and Reuters for my data. P/E is generally adjusted P/E based on an average number of shares. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV