Cache, Inc., (NASDAQ: CACH), a specialty chain of women’s apparel stores, reported results for the thirteen (“second quarter”) and twenty-six week periods (“first six months”) ended June 30, 2012.
For the 13-week period ended June 30, 2012:
- Net sales increased 2.3% to $61.6 million from $60.3 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011. Comparable store sales increased 4.7%, which compares to an increase of 6.0% in the second quarter of fiscal 2011;
- Gross profit decreased 4.1% to $26.4 million, or 42.8% of net sales, from $27.5 million, or 45.7% of net sales, in the second quarter of fiscal 2011;
- Operating income totaled $1.7 million, as compared to $4.2 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2011; and
- Net income totaled $1.0 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, as compared to net income of $2.8 million or $0.22 per diluted share in the second quarter of fiscal 2011.
Thomas Reinckens, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented: “Our second quarter results included positive comparable store sales, ongoing strength in dresses, and a more than doubling of e-commerce sales. However, earnings were disappointing, driven by a weak response to our sportswear offerings. We have taken the appropriate actions necessary to clear seasonal inventory, which is expected to negatively impact margins in the third quarter. That said, we expect to continue our positive momentum in dresses and generate improvement in our sportswear sales, as we infuse a better balance of color and neutrals to our offerings. This coupled with our heightened focus on expense discipline that includes $1.8 million in expected annual savings will assist us in improving our performance.”
For the 26-week period ended June 30, 2012:
- Net sales increased 4.7% to $117.6 million from $112.4 million in the first six months of fiscal 2011. Comparable store sales increased 6.9%, as compared to a increase of 6.8% in the first six months of fiscal 2011;
- Gross profit decreased 1.7% to $48.6 million, or 41.3% of net sales from $49.4 million, or 44.0% of net sales, in the first six months of fiscal 2011;
- Operating loss totaled $346,000, as compared to an operating income of $2.9 million in the first six months of fiscal 2011; and
- Net loss was $177,000 or ($0.01) per diluted share, as compared to a net income of $2.0 million, or $0.16 per diluted share in the first six months of fiscal 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV