- Total revenue increased 71% to $414.9 million from $243.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Retail net sales increased 76% to $215.0 million driven by a 37.3% increase in comparable store sales and 76 new store openings since the end of the first quarter last year. Wholesale net sales increased 66% to $182.4 million and licensing revenue increased 61% to $17.5 million.
- Gross profit increased 83% to $251.0 million, and as a percentage of total revenue increased to 60.5% compared to 56.3% in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Income from operations increased 149% to $111.9 million, and as a percentage of total revenue was 27.0%. This compares to income from operations for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 of $45.0 million, or 18.5% as a percentage of total revenue.
- Net income was $68.6 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, based on 199.4 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Net income for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 was $24.1 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, based on 179.2 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding.
- At June 30, 2012, the Company operated 253 retail stores, including concessions, compared to 177 retail stores, including concessions, at the end of the same prior-year period. The Company had 68 additional retail stores, including concessions, operated through licensing partners. Including these, there were 321 Michael Kors stores worldwide at the end of the second quarter.
Michael Kors Holdings Limited Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts