CB&I (NYSE: CBI) announced today that it has been awarded a contract by BASF for the engineering, procurement and construction management of a new butadiene extraction plant in Antwerp, Belgium. The contract, which is valued in excess of US$50 million, is an essential part of the total BASF investment amount, which will be in the high double-digit million euro range. The plant is scheduled to start up during 2014.
This award builds on CB&I’s existing relationship with BASF as licensor of its butadiene technology. Butadiene is a raw material that can be used to produce synthetic rubber, among other applications including paper chemicals and plastics production.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) engineers and constructs some of the world’s largest energy infrastructure projects. With premier process technology, proven EPC expertise, and unrivaled storage tank experience, CB&I executes projects from concept to completion. Safely. Reliably. Globally. For more information, visit www.CBI.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV