MAXIMUS (NYSE:MMS), a leading provider of government services worldwide, announced today that the MAXIMUS Center for Health Literacy will host its annual conference, “Plain Talk in Complex Times,” on September 6-7, 2012 in Arlington, Virginia. The two-day event is co-sponsored by the American Public Health Association and offers continuing education credits.
Plain Talk 2012 is a gathering of public health experts, researchers, medical practitioners, educators, community advocates, writers, designers, translators and other professionals interested in communicating more effectively. Plenary presentations, breakout sessions, discussion panels and hands-on workshops will help participants develop critical skills and best practice strategies for communicating complex health information to a diverse audience ― in person, in print and online.
Featured speakers include:
- David Pogue, New York Times technology columnist, CBS news correspondent, creator of the Missing Manual series, and host of "Nova ScienceNow" and "Making Stuff" on PBS
- Carolyn M. Clancy, MD, director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Susan Weinschenk, PhD, behavioral psychologist and author of "100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People" and "Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click?"
- Carlos Alcázar, president and CEO of Hispanic Communications Network and multicultural media expert
- Mac Fulfer, JD, attorney, author and expert on face reading and non-verbal communication
- M. Chris Gibbons, MD, MPH, associate director of the Johns Hopkins Urban Health Institute and expert in healthcare disparities and urban health
“In today’s digital age, people have access to more information than ever before, yet much of it is complex and jargon-filled. It’s often hard for consumers to make informed decisions about critical health and human services for themselves and their families,” commented Penny Lane, vice president and director of the MAXIMUS Center for Health Literacy. “Implementing communication strategies that put the needs of consumers first will be especially critical to the success of health insurance exchanges — which states are planning for now, as required by the Affordable Care Act. Plain Talk 2012 will take a careful look at this and other communication challenges, and expert speakers will share ideas for improving all methods of communication with health consumers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV