Genomic Health Inc. Stock Upgraded (GHDX)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- GHDX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- GHDX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.96, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for GENOMIC HEALTH INC is currently very high, coming in at 86.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, GHDX's net profit margin of 3.10% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GHDX's share price has jumped by 47.70%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- GENOMIC HEALTH INC's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENOMIC HEALTH INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.25 versus $0.14 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 29.6% in earnings ($0.18 versus $0.25).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.