LifeSize, a division of Logitech (NASDAQ: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), today introduced enhancements to its bridging portfolio to provide flexible, virtualized multiparty support with LifeSize® UVC Multipoint™ (optimized for the resolution of mobile devices) and LifeSize® Bridge™, now with high-availability clustering. LifeSize is making bridging flexible and reliable to support everything from scheduled video calls with dozens of participants to on-demand mobile video calling. These new bridging solutions enhance the way people choose to work—on-demand and on the go.
One of the driving forces behind this new offering is the evolution of the modern workplace—with more remote workers, fewer physical office spaces and more flexible hours. With this new landscape comes a new challenge: how to effectively collaborate and boost productivity in an increasingly mobile world. Whether the device of choice is a laptop, tablet, smartphone or new software application, companies no longer have to scramble to provide needed infrastructure and support.
“The vision behind the LifeSize UVC Platform is to fundamentally change the way businesses deploy video infrastructure by consolidating multiple applications on a single, virtualized interface,” said Michael Helmbrecht, vice president and general manager of video solutions at LifeSize. “Now, we have taken this vision a step further with today’s addition of LifeSize UVC Multipoint. This new offering addresses the needs of the massive BYOD movement whereby the power driving new technologies has shifted from the corporation to employees themselves. We’re addressing both employee and company needs, by offering multiparty video collaboration that is simple to use, manage, and scale with unmatched price performance.”
LifeSize UVC Multipoint is the industry’s first fully virtualized, standards-based multiparty video calling solution for on-demand meetings. LifeSize UVC Multipoint is also the newest application on the LifeSize UVC Platform, the industry’s first fully integrated, software-based platform for video infrastructure. Unlike anything else on the market today, this software-based MCU features:
- Unmatched scalability: First video conferencing bridge that can be purchased one port at a time ($1,499 U.S. MSRP per port); enables enterprises to buy what they need now and scale as needs grow
- BYOD support: Optimized for mobile resolutions
- Flexibility: Offers flexible port capacity to enable more users
- Reliability through failover: Bridge calls will remain intact, even if there is a system failure
- Expanded port availability: All employees will have the resources to make an on-demand multiparty call whenever they need to
- Simplicity: One administrative interface, one dial plan
- Rapid deployment: No additional hardware needed; enable with a license key