In January 2012, Scotiabank formed a strategic partnership with Mercantil Colpatria and acquired 51 per cent of Banco Colpatria.
"We continue to invest in Colombia because we see this as a market with great potential for growth," said Brian Porter, Group Head of International Banking at Scotiabank. "A presence in the retail space through Banco Colpatria and now the wealth market through Colfondos provides great opportunity for Scotiabank and Mercantil Colpatria to realize organic growth."
Scotiabank in Colombia
- Scotiabank entered the retail banking market in Colombia with the purchase of a 51 per cent stake in Banco Colpatria in January of 2012.
- Scotiabank, through its Global Banking and Markets division, entered Colombia in 2010 with the acquisition of the wholesale banking operations of RBS.
- Scotiabank has had a presence in Central and South America for more than 40 years.
Scotiabank in Central & South America
- Scotiabank has operations in 13 countries in Central and South America including Peru, Chile, Panama, Brazil, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Colombia, El Salvador, Guyana, Nicaragua, Belize and Venezuela.
- Scotiabank's international operations include a number of asset management, insurance and full service brokerage businesses. Through its Global Wealth Management division, Scotiabank also offers private banking and trust administration services to high net worth clients worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV