Income Opportunity Realty Investors, Inc. (NYSE MKT:IOT), a Dallas-based real estate investment company, today reported results of operations for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012. IOT announced today that the Company reported net income of $1.0 million or $0.24 per diluted earnings per share for the period ended June 30, 2012, as compared to a net loss of $1.5 million or $0.36 per diluted earnings per share for the same period ended 2011.
Land held for development or sale is the Company’s sole operating segment. There was no income generated from this segment for the three months ended June 30, 2012, nor for the prior period ended June 30, 2011. IOT’s primary source of revenue is from the interest income on $27.1 million of notes receivable due from affiliated and/or related parties.
Interest income was $1.7 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012. This represents an increase of $1.0 million as compared to the prior period interest income of $0.7 million. The increase was related to the note receivables from Unified Housing Foundation Inc., an affiliated entity. Prior to January 1, 2012, on cash flow notes where payments are based upon surplus cash from operations, accrued but unpaid interest income was only recognized to the extent that cash was received. As of January 1, 2012, due to the consistency of cash received on the surplus cash notes, we are recording interest as earned.
Property operating expenses were $14,000 for the three months ended June 30, 2012. This represents an increase of $11,000, as compared to the prior period operating expenses of $3,000. There was an increase in the land portfolio of $14,000 and a decrease in the other portfolio of $3,000. The increase in the land portfolio was due to an increase in POA fees billed for first quarter and the second quarter of 2012. The decrease in the other portfolio was due to a decrease in miscellaneous operating expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV