OKLAHOMA CITY, Aug. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Continental Resources, Inc. ("Continental" or the "Company") (NYSE: CLR) announced today the pricing of its private placement of $1.2 billion of new 5% senior unsecured notes due 2022. The new notes will be issued pursuant to the March 8, 2012 indenture applicable to its previously issued $800 million aggregate principal amount of 5% senior unsecured notes, resulting in a total of $2.0 billion aggregate principal amount of 5% senior unsecured notes being issued pursuant to the March 8, 2012 indenture. The new notes were sold at 102.375% of par, resulting in a yield to worst of 4.624% with respect to the new notes. The offering is expected to close on August 16, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions. Continental intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to repay borrowings outstanding under its revolving credit facility and for general corporate purposes.
The securities offered have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), or any state securities laws; and unless so registered, the securities may not be offered or sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws. The senior unsecured notes are expected to be eligible for trading by qualified institutional buyers under Rule 144A and non-U.S. persons under Regulation S.
This press release is being issued pursuant to Rule 135c under the Securities Act, and is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy the notes or any other securities and shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a sale of, the notes or any other securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale is unlawful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV