Cramer said what matters most to our nation's economy is growth. Sadly, neither side is making any mention of growth in their campaigns.
Neither side supports the natural gas act, for example, which would not only pay for itself but create hundreds of thousands of jobs and break the stranglehold of OPEC oil. Neither side seems to be willing to do a massive refinancing of our nation's debt at historically low rates either, noted Cramer, even though such action would save our nation billions of dollars.
So when it comes down to it, most of what the politicians say doesn't translate into earnings for stocks, which is ultimately what puts money in your pocket.
--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C.To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV