Today, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released for comment a request for proposal (RFP) to provide Local Number Portability Administration services after June 2015. Neustar looks forward to providing comments and fully participating in the RFP process to retain its current role as the Local Number Portability Administrator (LNPA) for the United States. Since becoming the administrator of this critical part of our nation’s telecommunications infrastructure in 1997, Neustar has successfully enabled the routing of billions of phone calls and text messages annually for the telecommunications industry, while empowering millions of consumers and businesses to change their communications providers.
Steve Edwards, Neustar’s senior vice president for Carrier Services, released the following statement:
“Throughout our tenure administering the Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC), Neustar has evolved alongside the marketplace and the industry to meet ever-changing demands. We manage the most complex and comprehensive number portability service in the world and have achieved exemplary levels of performance and customer service. This is a result of the hard work, professionalism, expertise, and experience of the Neustar employees who provide the nation’s number portability services. We are extremely proud to be the neutral, tested and reliable provider of this critical telecommunications infrastructure that consumers can rely on 24/7. The selection process to provide LNPA services after June 2015 offers Neustar an opportunity to demonstrate our unique credentials.”
The release of the RFP by the FCC for comment is the next step in the re-bid process, which is expected to conclude in 2013.Below are recent reports that analyze Neustar’s track record as NPAC Administrator:
- A local number portability report by the Yankee Group found that number portability in the U.S., as administered by Neustar, has been an enormous success.
- In a NPAC white paper, leading economist Dr. Scott Masten concludes that the NPAC is best delivered by a single nationwide, tested administrator.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV