Torrid Fall/Holiday Photo Shoot. Photography By Ellen Von Unwerth.
Torrid, a retailer of on-trend fashion apparel, lingerie and accessories for young, voluptuous women who wear size 12 and up, is set to ignite the women’s specialty retail industry. The brand unveiled a comprehensive rebrand that reflects its sexy, fashion-forward point of view and includes new apparel collections, branding elements and marketing campaigns.
“Over the last year we have developed a compelling and well-differentiated position for the Torrid brand, in a niche market that’s underserved by the women’s fashion retail industry,” said Lisa Harper, Chairman and CEO at Hot Topic, Inc. – the parent company to Torrid. “We’ve tested styles, fits, silhouettes, colors and more, and understand what our customers want to wear. Our revamped vertical merchandising approach and new apparel collections are already receiving rave reviews – and will help drive improved sales and margins.”
Torrid’s fall collection – which started hitting stores on July 30 – includes looks ranging from casual chic to sexy dresses, and is characterized by lace details, pattern play and color impact. Also important is that each item is designed and constructed specifically to fit and flatter a voluptuous figure, rather than being a “sized up” version of a fashion piece. Once developed, each piece is tried and tested on various plus-size models, ensuring a fit that’s unmatched in the industry.“Our new Stiletto fit jean, which we are introducing now, is an example of our commitment to an exceptional fit,” said Harper. “It’s a figure-hugging silhouette with extra stretch for our sexiest look. We tested it with bloggers a few months ago and the feedback was very positive.” Torrid’s new Stiletto jean joins the brand’s other fits: the Skinny, Curvy Skinny, Bootleg and Slim Bootleg – which are available in a variety of fashionable washes, prints, colors and styles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV