Five Star Quality Care, Inc. (NYSE: FVE) today announced the appointment of R. Scott Herzig, age 43, as Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer effective September 4, 2012.
Mr. Herzig will replace Five Star’s current Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Rosemary Esposito. As previously disclosed, in November 2011 Five Star entered into an agreement with Ms. Esposito regarding her retirement at year end 2012. Pursuant to that agreement, Ms. Esposito will remain with Five Star as a consultant after September 4, 2012 for a transition period and, during that time, Mr. Herzig will be relocating from the West Coast to work in Five Star’s Boston area headquarters.
Mr. Herzig has served as Five Star’s Divisional Vice President of Operations for the Western Division since 2007. Prior to that, Mr. Herzig served for seven years as a Regional Director of Operations for Five Star. Prior to joining Five Star, Mr. Herzig worked as a senior administrator for Mariner Post Acute Network, a national healthcare services provider. In total, Mr. Herzig has more than 20 years of operating experience managing independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing communities.
Five Star Quality Care, Inc. is a senior living and healthcare services company which owns, leases and manages senior living communities, including primarily private pay independent and assisted living communities located throughout the U.S. Five Star also operates two rehabilitation hospitals. Five Star is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV