Sears Holdings (SHLD) operates as a specialty retailer in the U.S. and Canada. The company's Kmart segment operates stores that sell merchandise under Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer labels; and Sears brand products, such as Kenmore, Craftsman, and Diehard. This stock is trading up 5.5% at $54.29 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.2 millionAverage Volume: 727,055 Volume % Change: 179% Shares of SHLD are ripping higher today after the firm said it plans to spin off a company that will be publicly traded and control roughly 1,200 small but generally profitable franchised stores that sell Sears products, as well as its stores called Hometown. >>65 Big Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher From a technical perspective, SHLD is gapping up sharply here back above its 50-day moving average of $52.86 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing SHLD within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once SHLD takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $55.50, and then its 200-day moving average of $56.24 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SHLD as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above $55.50 to $56.24 with volume that's near or above 727,055 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for SHLD to re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $62.95.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV