Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company. Acorda Therapeutics is engaged in the identification, development and commercialization of novel therapies that improve neurological function in people with multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, and other disorders of the nervous system. This stock is trading up 2.7% at $22.32 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 784,000Average Volume: 326,581 Volume % Change: 304% Shares of ACOR are moving modestly higher today despite the fact that the company said that a low dose of its multiple sclerosis treatment Ampyra didn't meet a study goal. >>3 Biotech Stocks Surging Higher From a technical perspective, ACOR is gapping up here with above average volume. This move is occurring near some previous support levels at $21.33 to $21.46. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once ACOR clears today's high of $22.95, and then once it takes out both its 50-day at $23.72 and its 200-day at $24.28 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 326,581 shares. If we that action soon, then ACOR could re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $26 to $26.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV