Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO) announced today the appointment of Ron Bell as general counsel. Bell will be responsible for Yahoo!'s global compliance programs and legal affairs worldwide.
"Ron Bell’s legal acumen, his outstanding service to the company over the past 13 years, and his leadership within Yahoo!’s legal team make him an excellent choice for general counsel," said Marissa Mayer, chief executive officer. "I am excited to appoint him in this critical role at Yahoo!."
Bell joined Yahoo! in July 1999, serving in numerous senior roles within the legal department, most recently as interim general counsel, and prior to that as a deputy general counsel for 11 years. He has made his mark on many of the company’s most strategic deals and initiatives, including the Microsoft search alliance and the Yahoo! Newspaper Consortium, a confederation of media companies representing more than 200 U.S. newspapers.
"I’m thrilled to be working with Marissa and the entire executive team to help propel Yahoo! to its next stage," said Bell. "And I’m honored to lead such a phenomenal legal organization."Bell’s new role is effective immediately and he will report directly to Mayer. About Yahoo! Yahoo! is focused on creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. Yahoo!’s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom ( pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog, Yodel Anecdotal ( yodel.yahoo.com).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV