- The $13.8 billion increase in flows in July compared to June was primarily attributable to a spike in taxable bond inflows, which more than doubled to $23.6 billion from the previous month.
- U.S. stock outflows declined slightly to $8.2 billion from $8.5 billion in June. If ETF inflows were included, then U.S. stock outflows were just $700 million in July.
- Diversified emerging-market equity funds took in over $1.3 billion in July, but momentum has been slowing since February when the category welcomed nearly $3.2 billion in new money.
- PIMCO ended Vanguard's run at the top of the monthly leader board, absorbing nearly $6.6 billion in new money in July led by its Total Return fund, which accounted for $2.1 billion in inflows. On the flip side, the American Funds extended its consecutive-outflows streak to 37 months with nearly $4.2 billion exiting the family.
Morningstar Reports U.S. Mutual Fund Asset Flows Through July 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.