DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- New SHOWCASE app offers Ford sales consultants "anytime, anywhere" access to their inventory and product information
- App provides rich video content on features and technologies linked to vehicle inventory
- SHOWCASE app allows dealerships to save and share customer vehicle preferences
- The app integrates the online experience with the off-line purchase experience
For most people, buying a new car, truck or SUV is the second-biggest purchase they make after their home, so ensuring the process is as easy and stress-free as possible is critical to customer satisfaction. The new SHOWCASE app being used by Ford sales associates with the Apple iPad ® is helping dealers find just the right car for their customers faster than ever.
To view the new SHOWCASE app in action, visit the link below: http://youtu.be/fmg1FJh5Lo8
"Waiting for the sales consultant to check the inventory or wandering the aisles of a car lot in search of just the right combination of colors and options can be a tedious and time-consuming process," says Michelle Moody, Cross Vehicle Marketing manager for Ford. "If the weather is bad or the sun has gone down early in the winter months, venturing outside is even less appealing."In early 2011 we decided to take advantage of the portable technology that became available with the launch of the iPad to facilitate an improved purchase experience for our customers," Moody says. In recent years customers have become accustomed to using various shopping tools to configure and compare vehicles on the Ford.com website. The new SHOWCASE app links this experience to the showroom, giving sales associates new technology to determine what features a customer wants and to immediately check inventory to see which vehicles in stock most closely match those needs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts