As the summer heats up, so does The Coca-Cola Foundation in its support of the United Services Organization (USO) and active living and nutrition programs across the nation.
As part of its second-quarter grants, the philanthropic arm of The Coca-Cola Company has awarded $1.6 million to support fitness and healthy living programs in local communities in the U.S.
The Foundation also awarded $1.25 million to the USO’s Operation Enduring Care program. Over the next five years, the grant will fund ongoing programming focused on three crucial areas for our nation’s wounded warriors: physical health and recreation; mental health and family strengthening; and education, employment and community integration.
“One of our Foundation’s priorities is to build sustainable communities by encouraging individuals, families and communities to live active, healthy lifestyles,” said Lori George Billingsley, Vice President, Community Relations, Coca-Cola Refreshments. “We support invaluable organizations that provide access to exercise, physical activity and nutritional education programs. Through our grant to the USO, we continue to expand our long-standing support of America’s heroes and their families.”In addition to the USO grant, other organizations receiving grants in the U.S. include:
- American Diabetes Association, Live Empowered, $100,000
- American Diabetes Association, Diabetes Education & Outreach in Latino Community, $25,000
- American Dietetic Association Foundation, Kids Eat Right, $100,000
- America’s State Parks Foundation, Youth Ambassador Recruitment, $50,000
- The Armory Foundation, Armory College Prep, $50,000
- Big Sur International Marathon, Just Run, $50,000
- CAN DO Houston, Let’s Move in Magnolia Park, $25,000
- Children’s Medical Center Foundation, Center for Obesity, $25,000
- Good Sports, Youth Sports & Fitness Programs, $200,000
- Grand Teton National Park Foundation, Youth Conservation Program, $25,000
- Illinois African American Coalition for Prevention, Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It! (MEND), $100,000
- National Black Nurses Association, Preventive Health Action Team “PHAT”, $100,000
- Portland After School Tennis & Education, Inc., Eat Wise & Exercise, $25,000
- Put Your Dukes Up Foundation, Inc., Chachersize Academic Burst Curriculum, $25,000
- Share Our Strength, No Kid Hungry: New York City 2012 Summer Meals Initiative, $50,000
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Exercise Study, $300,000
- University of South Carolina Educational Foundation, School-Based Childhood Obesity Prevention Program, $200,000
- Vive en Forma, Vive en Forma, $100,000
- YMCA of Greater New York, Food & Fun/Move to Improve, $50,000
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV