Medgenics, Inc. (NYSE Amex: MDGN and AIM: MEDU, MEDG) (the “Company”), the developer of Biopump™, a novel technology for the sustained production and delivery of therapeutic proteins in patients using their own tissue, today announced financial results for three and six months ended June 30, 2012, and the filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) of the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. The Form 10-Q includes unaudited consolidated financial statements containing the information highlighted below, as well as additional information regarding the Company. The Form 10-Q is available at www.sec.gov and at www.medgenics.com.
Second Quarter Financial Results
Gross research and development (“R&D”) expense for the second quarter of 2012 increased to $1.64 million from $1.54 million for same period in 2011. Higher R&D expense is due to an increase in the use of materials and sub-contractors in connection with preparations for the Company’s planned Phase II EPODURE clinical trials in Israel and the U.S., preparations for the trials of INFRADURE in Israel and an increase in R&D personnel. Net R&D expense for the 2012 second quarter was $1.18 million compared with net R&D expense of $1.04 million for the prior year’s second quarter.
General and administrative expense for the second quarter of 2012 was $2.77 million compared with $1.05 million for the second quarter of 2011, reflecting higher legal and professional services fees, increased activities in the U.S. and stock-based compensation expenses related to shares granted to consultants and to the newly appointed Chairman of the Board.Financial expense for the second quarter of 2012 increased to $2.97 million from $0.23 million for the same period in 2011, mainly a result of changes in valuation of the warrant liability. Financial income for the second quarter of 2012 increased to $17,000 from $4,000 in the same period of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV