DENVER, Aug. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cimarex Energy Co. (NYSE: XEC) today announces with profound sadness the death of F.H. Merelli, Chairman of the company. He was 76 years old.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors and the employees of Cimarex, we extend our deepest sympathies to Mick's family and friends and the many colleagues whose lives he touched," said Thomas E. Jorden, Cimarex's Chief Executive Officer and President. "Words cannot express the debt of gratitude that Cimarex owes Mick Merelli, our founder, mentor, and friend. He left an indelible stamp on all who knew him – a stamp of integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a steadfast dedication to value creation. He cared deeply for his family, friends, and colleagues. We will miss him terribly, and will honor Mick by carrying on his legacy."
About Cimarex Energy
Denver-based Cimarex Energy Co. is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with principal operations in the Mid-Continent and Permian Basin areas of the U.S.www.cimarex.com SOURCE Cimarex Energy Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV