Infoblox Inc. (NYSE:BLOX) today announced that the Tolly Group, a provider of information technology research and product evaluations, has certified in an evaluation commissioned by Infoblox that the automated Infoblox IP address management (IPAM) solution for VMware offers enterprise IT organizations with large VMware virtualized networks a labor savings of up to 300%.
The savings is achieved through automation of several network functions that are traditionally performed manually and can stall virtual machine (VM) deployments. These include assignment of an IP address to a VM, creating or deleting a collection of VMs, gathering information about the VMs and provisioning a new physical server. Continuing to rely on manual tools and processes for these functions can jeopardize an enterprise IT organization’s virtual network flexibility and scalability.
The Tolly report states: “Manual IP address and DNS provisioning of a large number of VMs is not practical since it is prone to error, time intensive, costly and is simply not scalable.”
The analysis by the Tolly Group reveals that Infoblox can address these issues by providing:
- A 50% reduction in VM deployment time for network provisioning and connectivity.
- Troubleshooting and inventory advantages with built-in discovery of VM system and network data.
- A return on investment (ROI) of $60,000 - $600,000, depending on the number of virtual machines in the environment.
- A reduction in human-related errors.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts